What is HASPI?
HEALTH AND SCIENCE PIPELINE INITIATIVE
HASPI is a collaborative network of K-16 educators, industry representatives, and community organizations that are actively engaged in the common effort to improve students’ ultimate success in healthcare professions. HASPI preparation is intended for students of all academic levels and backgrounds.
HASPI's three primary goals are to:
- Increase health/medical career awareness
- Improve science proficiency in middle school, high school and college science courses
- Ease student transition to post secondary programs and improve retention rates
Students that complete a HASPI Health Career Pathway course sequence will be prepared to pursue any health training program of their choice, from technician to physician.
- Thank you for all the wonderful opportunities you have given our son in your medical pathway program. He has had an interest in the medical field for a very long time, but being in your class definitely reinforced his decision. The labs, job shadows, guest speakers, and most of all his future internship at Scripps are some of the greatest learning opportunities. He loves to share each new thing he learns and gets to experience with such enthusiasm.
Industry Partner Comment
- Our experience is that high schools that have HASPI involvement are much more professional, students are more prepared for the internship, they work more collaboratively, and there is more pride to be involved.
- My family warned me that this would be the best class ever...and dang they were right.
SAN DIEGO Fall
Friday, October 10, 2014
8800 Grossmont College Dr.
El Cajon, CA 92020
RSVP Daynah Hooper-Robledo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions / RSVP
For agendas, more information, and to reserve your space at one of the upcoming workshops, email Daynah Hooper-Robledo or call her at (619) 644-7043.
|HASPI on Facebook|