What is HASPI?
HEALTH AND SCIENCE PIPELINE INITIATIVE
HASPI is a collaborative network of K-16 educators, industry representatives, and community organizations that are actively engaged in the common effort to improve students’ ultimate success in healthcare professions. HASPI preparation is intended for students of all academic levels and backgrounds.
HASPI's three primary goals are to:
- Increase health/medical career awareness
- Improve science proficiency in middle school, high school and college science courses
- Ease student transition to post secondary programs and improve retention rates
Students that complete a HASPI Health Career Pathway course sequence will be prepared to pursue any health training program of their choice, from technician to physician.
2013 High School Health Pathway Graduate
$500 “Pre-Allied Health & Pre-Nursing”
Due date: July 1, 2013
HASPI was formerly Regional Allied Health and Science Initiative (RAHSI).
San Diego Fall
Friday, OCTOBER 25, 2013
8800 Grossmont College Dr.
El Cajon, CA 92020
Mark your calendar now.
HASPI 2012 Teacher of the year
Bridgett DeSonia teaches Medical Biology at Mt. Miguel High School.
- Thank you for all the wonderful opportunities you have given our son in your medical pathway program. He
has had an interest in the medical field for a very long time, but being in your class definitely reinforced his
decision. The labs, job shadows, guest speakers, and most of all his future internship at Scripps are some of the
greatest learning opportunities. He loves to share each new thing he learns and gets to experience with such enthusiasm.
-High School Parent
- Our experience is that high schools that have HASPI involvement are much more professional,
students are more prepared for the internship, they work more collaboratively, and there is more pride to be involved.
- My family warned me that this would be the best class ever...and dang they were right!
-High School Student
|HASPI on Facebook|